Regulatory Reporting Manager
Location: Manchester St James's
Closing date: 20/03/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Group Marketing
This role will be based in Manchester/London
Responsible for the effective delivery of BPP’s Regulatory Returns. You will use your relationship building, data and analytical skills along with your understanding of the Higher Education sector, to work with colleagues in both academic departments and in professional services, enabling them to make the most of available data, improve data quality and make evidence based decisions.
BPP University is bound to the regular data provision to many regulatory bodies throughout the year and your role will be to ensure the team you manage are delivering to the deadlines, and that work is part of BAU rather than project driven.
The arm of the team you will manage is part of the overall Customer Insight Team and you will report to the Business Reporting Manager.
The Customer Insight team sit within Marketing, whilst having a close working relationship with other departments within the business. Our goal as an insight team is to champion the use of data, reports and insight to build a deep understanding of our business, customers and market. Using the reports and insight to improve performance and create a competitive advantage for the business. Regulatory reporting is a key component of this journey.
- Effective daily management of the Regulatory team, including the resource planning and performance reviews.
- Develop a deep understanding of BPP systems and data that can be utilised for accurate regulatory reporting
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the compliance teams in order to create a deep understanding of the regulatory requirements.
- Alongside building links within the education industry to understand any changes to regulations that could impact the delivery expectations.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of HESA Data Futures and support the HESA Data Futures implementation project.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of parts of the student record system used to generate external returns.
- Understand and translate other business and regulatory requirements to build and develop reports.
- Make pro-active recommendations on the best way to structure reports, and visualise the data to ensure users find them accessible whist achieving the requirements.
- Delivery of timely and accurate reports
- Implement feedback loops with users and key stakeholders to create continuous improvement and ensure expectations are being met to a high standard
- Drive forward the use of reports around the business by ensuring knowledge and best practise of the reporting platform is being shared outside of the reporting team
- Training on SAS, Power BI and other highly used tools is available
- Personal Development courses are accessible from BPP’s wide range for employees
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Hold a numerate or IT degree (Or equivalent work experience)
- Experience of data manipulation and mining in a previous role
- Experience in previous reporting or MI role
- Experience in building reports in reporting tool such as tableaux, Power BI etc.
- Experience working with regulatory reporting (HESA or Ofsted desirable)
- Have the ability to communicate with stakeholders on reporting requirements
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with the drive to succeed.
- Committed to continuous self-development and learning
- Confident in data mining and analyse databases to build reports; preferably using one of the following SAS, SQL, Python or R (desirable)
- Well-developed problem solving ability, consistent approach to establish root causes of an issue and then establish creative solutions.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills Accurate, persistent with excellent attention to detail.