Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Research School of Physics and Engineering
Classification: Academic Level A or B
Salary package: $71,509 - $111,365 per annum plus 17% Superannuation (plus loading for suitable candidates)
Terms: Full time, Continuing (Contingent Funded 2 years with possibility of renewal)
- Work at one of the world's top universities
- Undertake high-impact fundamental research into the measurement and control of ultracold quantum gases
- Be part of the Atomlaser and Quantum Sensors Group, a world-class experimental atomic physics group dedicated to the fundamental study of nonequilibrium and nonlinear phenomena within quantum gases and the development of practical, high-precision measurement devices based upon interferometry with ultracold atoms.
We are seeking an experimental atomic physicist to contribute to the ARC Discovery Project: "Creating high flux degenerate quantum atomic sources with active feedback." This project stands at the intersection of atomic physics, nonequilibrium superfluid dynamics, and quantum measurement and control, with the aim of delivering a new technique for cooling and controlling ultracold quantum gases.
The successful candidate will join the Atomlaser and Quantum Sensors Group, a collegial and dynamic team of experimentalists and theoreticians working within the Department of Quantum Science at the Research School of Physics and Engineering. The Group's interests span the spectrum of fundamental to applied and include nonlinear and nonequilibrium phenomena in Bose-Einstein condensates, quantum-atom optics, quantum metrology, and high-precision atom interferometry.
The group supports the commitment of ANU to improving gender balance in the field of STEM and strives to provide an inclusive, family-friendly workplace in which a diversity of talents can flourish. The ANU provides attractive benefits and support to maintain a healthy work/life balance including generous parental leave for both parents, the possibility of flexible and part time working arrangements, a parental and aged care support program, ANU school holiday programs, and childcare facilities on campus. ANU also offers generous remuneration benefits, including,assistance with relocation expenses and 17% employer contribution to superannuation.
For more information please contact Dr Stuart Szigeti T:+61 2 6125 8896 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A research statement outlining a proposed programme of research to be carried out during the postdoctoral fellowship
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria or provide a research statement may not be considered for the position.
Advertised: 18 Feb 2019 09:00:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 26 Mar 2019 11:55:00 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time