Research Assistant, Epidemiology
The Department of Epidemiology is seeking a casual Research Assistant that will assist with all primary and related activities to support the SHIELD study.
- The Research Assistant will assist in the data collection, follow-up activities of the SHIELD Study and sub-studies. Data collection includes administering questionnaires, data collection from a breathing test, from an air monitoring device and from results obtained following lab tests.
- Follow-up activities include communicating with participants who are interested in enrolling in the study and continuing in the study.
- RA will follow established research protocols and will complete trainings needed as the protocol.
- RA will be responsible for writing summaries of project updates, data entry of collected data and ensuring safety and security of data.
- RA will complete all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
- Some related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
- Interaction with patients, research participants, customer service experience.
- Experience with administering spirometry test.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Some background in life Sciences
- Must have a car with valid license and be willing to travel to complete home visits.
Starting Salary Range: $16.10 - $22.12 (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 05-MD:School of Public Health
Department name: 10001101-Epidemiology
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Public Health - East Baltimore Campus