Customer Operations Team Leader
6 days left
- Full Time
Location: Manchester St James's
Closing date: 25/03/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Professional Development
This role will support the Customer Operations & Resourcing Manager with the day to day management of the team and ensuring SLA’s are adhered to.
The Operations team support delegates and clients throughout their BPP experience, offering excellent administrative services and assisting various other departments.
The role is based within the Customer Operations Team in Manchester within Professional Development. The position will involve working within a team to deal with telephone queries from clients/delegates about the Professional Development products, as well as on specific BPP qualification products offered. The role also involves processing of bookings/ applications accurately, responding to any queries effectively and efficiently. In addition to this, there are various mailboxes to manage, always ensuring that SLA’s are met.
- Manage administration and service support - proactively deal with telephone and email enquiries on a daily basis on all PD Products, processing bookings, booking transfers, invoice queries, cancellations and deferrals
- Answering all associated e-mails within SLA for all inboxes which include (but is not limitedto) CIMA on Demand, Insolvency, CIMA CPD, LD ICAS, PD E-learning, Bar Transfer Test and PD operations
- Assisting internal teams with venue allocation and dealing with any presenter/venue queries
- Negotiating the most competitive rate with external venues.
- Arranging catering and equipment requirements
- Monitoring course capacity, identifying over/under-capacity courses and initiating appropriate action to gain maximum revenue
- Assist Programme Support Managers with course cancellations offering delegates an alternative solution
- Maintaining an up to date record of all delegate bookings, attendance and feedback for BPPICAS and CIMA.
- Assisting with the Bar Transfer Test; processing applications from candidates; data input,processing payments, issuing booking confirmation and responding to communications from applicants and candidates.
- Assisting PD Online Team, handling issues that arise providing online access details for delegates as requested.
- Point of contact for the Student Management Centre (SMC) & other areas of BPP.
- Create and update the Operations Team procedures manuals as and when required
- Resolving finance related issues / queries
- Assist the Management Team with any tasks necessary to ensure the smooth running of the team
- Maintain high standards of work and professionalism at all times, particularly with regards to accuracy in both written and verbal communication
- Build, manage and maintain strong inter-departmental relationships and communication within the BPP and work in partnership with other team members
- Operate within data protection guidelines and ensure customer confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Effectively undertake any other duties as required.
- Assist with the prioritisation and delegation of the daily/weekly/monthly workloads across the Team
- To investigate and respond to customer complaints under the direction of the Customer Operations & Resourcing Manager
- Assist with the monitoring and tracking of mailbox volumes and other activities to ensure organisation of work across the team is manageable
- Upskill the team to ensure adequate holiday cover and contingency processes are in place
- Assist with the effective recruitment & training of new members of the team
- Manage holiday requests and associated cover i.e. daily/weekly rota with the assistance of the Customer Operations & Resourcing Manager
- Perform 1:1s, coaching and appraisals with the assistance of the Customer Operations & Resourcing Manager/Head of Operations
This role will require liaison with many teams not only within PD but other areas of BPP and our joint venture partnerships. You will work closely with Product Heads, Presenters and Programmes Team on a wide range of PD products.
Knowledge, experience and skills required for role:
- Ideally educated to degree-level, however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered
- Significant commercial experience
- Well organised and self-disciplined, able to manage own workload and work on own initiative
- Experience of working in a very busy environment working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure and evidence of prioritising work under such conditions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Intermediate level (minimum) of MS Office – Word / Excel / Access & Powerpoint
- Openness to new processes and willingness to change to meet business requirements
- Experience of Microsoft Outlook
- Experience within an educational or training environment
- Excellent attention to detail Able to be proactive and input ideas to improve procedures and processes
- Ideally experience of using databases and programmes such as Banner or Salesforce
- Experience of working with data, data processing and data management People Management Skills (desirable)
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo a credit check.