Catering - Cafes
Salary: £17,976 to £18,900 per annum - including London Allowance
Closing Date: Monday 01 April 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 10 April 2019
Do you have an outgoing personality with a passion for coffee and tea whilst giving the best possible customer service?
Then this may be just the role for you.
Applications are invited for the post of Barista in the Commercial Services Department.
Working in one of our two main coffee shops, you are an important part of each customer’s day.
The Boilerhouse Café is our artisan coffee shop; many of the products are freshly made on campus with a focus on vegetarian, vegan and healthier products.
Café on the Square is a branded coffee shop based in the Emily Wilding Davison Building. Since opening our doors in September 2017, the team has grown alongside our customer base.
The ideal candidate must be motivated by people, customers and other members of the team; the expectations are high, as are our standards.
To be successful in this post you will need:
- To be focused on delivering fantastic customer service
- Strong communication skills, able to converse with a diverse client base
- A genuine passion for food and drink
- To be punctual, reliable and consistent
- To be a team player working closely with your peers
- To thrive in a busy catering environment
- To be a positive person with a ‘can do’ attitude (be proactive, not reactive)
- Excellent attention to detail
Ideally experience of working as a barista in coffee shops is preferred; but we will take into account your passion for the business.
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
- Free parking
The post is based in Egham, Surrey where the College is situated in a beautiful, leafy campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London.
To view further details of this post and to apply please visit https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk. For queries on the application process the Human Resources Department can be contacted by email at: email@example.com
Please quote the reference: 1018-405-R
Closing Date: Midnight, 1 April 2019
Interview Date: 10 April 2019
Please note that it will not be possible for the College to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship for successful candidates as the pro-rata salary will not meet the minimum threshold set by UK Visas and Immigration. Successful candidates will therefore need to be eligible to work in the UK or have limited leave to remain in the UK and associated right to work for the duration of their employment with the College, in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.