University Assessment Officer, Results
Location: London Liverpool Street
Closing date: 26/04/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Operations - Registry & Scheduling - Assessment & Operations
As an Assessment Officer (Results) you will be a key member of the Assessment Team (Results), working to provide an outstanding service in support of the maintaining and releasing of Exam Results.
Where necessary you will be expected to assist other Assessment teams within the Registry department which may include all regular administrative duties (answering phones, organising mailouts, dealing with general Assessment Office enquiries) to ensure the success of assessment operations at BPP University.
Your team’s Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and manage exam results databases
- Release Exam results
- Banner transition project
- Prepare and send out transcripts
- Liaising with University departments to provide information about completing students
- Prepare results for Mit circ, Appeals, University Exam Boards
- Release of provisional results
- Prepare results list for Graduation, Academic Council, Student Records, list of resisters for finance and for regulators where relevant (SRA, BSB, BTT).
- Assist with HESA returns
- Assist with Exam boards
Additional responsibilities applicable to the post holder
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade of the position
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in compliance with the rules and regulations encompassing equal opportunities
- Adhere, comply and work in accordance with University and Departmental policies, procedures and codes of conduct and GDPR.
- Participate in training and professional development associated with the role
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification, however, applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience will also be considered
- Experience of working in a professional academic support team, in a higher education academic support service or other relevant administrative setting.
- Familiarity with MS Office and possessing an high level of IT competency, including advanced Excel
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with students and staff in a helpful and professional manner
- Ability to set own goals in addition to achieving given targets and deadlines
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to prioritise a diverse and demanding workload working to often competing deadlines in a calm manner
- Ability to interpret and apply academic regulations and policies and apply them to your day-to-day work
- Evidence of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain a professional manner and calm approach in a busy office environment and in delivery of assessment services for students
- Confident individual with a strong team working ethic with a can do attitude
- Experience of, and competency in, the use of Filemaker databases would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of, and competency in, the use of the Banner student information system would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Higher Education Regulations/Regulators eg QAA, Quality code and OFS