Whitley College, Melbourne
- Provide strategic and operational financial management for Whitley College.
- Hours: 0.6 EFT
As the Baptist College of Victoria and as an agency of the Baptist Union, Whitley College is dedicated to providing high quality theological educational resources to all of those committed to the call of God and to the life and mission of the Church in a rapidly changing society. In offering theological education through a comprehensive range of diplomas and degrees accredited by the University of Divinity, professional development opportunities, advanced research programs, and innovative and flexible training initiatives, Whitley seeks to fulfil its mission to equip men and women for leadership and service in a variety of ministries in church and society. Whitley is committed to creating an even stronger and dynamic learning environment for students and to develop further the relationships with partners and stakeholders.
Whitley is seeking a person to fulfil the position of Finance Manager. The Finance Manager is to be responsible for the strategic and operational financial management at Whitley College.
Key responsibilities (summary)
- Leadership and strategic management of College finances in line with the approved College Strategic Plan and based on structural collegial conversations with the College Executive and under the guidance of the Principal;
- Compilation of budgets, evaluation of financial performance, identification and participation in action to ensure financial performance is in accord with the expectations of the Whitley College Council;
- Management of the month end finance process, including reconciliations, cash flow and reporting; management of Year end finance process, including Statutory accounts;
- Oversight of all matters relating to payroll, debtors, risk management, financial and administrative control, insurance and investments;
- Oversight of compliance with financial regulatory obligations such as superannuation, PAYG and all reporting and lodgement requirements of the ACNC;
- Daily operational collaboration with the accounting office.
- CPA/CA as basic background.
- Proven experience in strategic financial management and budget modelling.
- Skilled in written and verbal communication.
Please contact the Executive Secretary, Lorraine Mitchell, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a copy of the position description.
Prospective and interested candidates may direct inquiries to the Principal of Whitley College, Rev Dr René Erwich (email@example.com).
Please submit your application no later than Monday 15 April 2019.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- A curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference
Send applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.