Research Technician, School of Medicine, Anatomy & Neurobiology
The Research Technician is responsible for assisting in all aspects of drug and non-drug clinical and research studies from initiation to completion. The individual will lead or participate in scheduling activities, subject management and testing, lab coordination, writing scientific manuscripts and study protocols, and study reports, as well as interfacing with researchers, support staff, and subjects. This position is also responsible for supporting other activities as required.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the organization of a project plan including protocol, timeline, and scheduling
- Assist in the development of study protocols utilizing various sources including literature, experts, collaborators, and internal team members and the execution of new IRB applications.
- Facilitate the development of study documentation including study report forms, informed consent forms, source documentation, and study-specific plans for sound and thorough data to support the approval process or study objective
- Serve as a resource to support staff, investigators, and researchers regarding investigational logistics and protocols to perform routine subject testing activities based on approved study protocols and IRB and to assist in resolving day-to-day issues
- Assist in the preparation of scientific abstracts and manuscripts