Skills Development Coach, Compliance/Risk Officer
Closing date: 21/03/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Apprenticeship School
Home Based with occasional travel to clients/BPP Centres
BPP Apprenticeship School is recruiting for a Skills Development Coach role to accommodate the demand needs within the school for the Compliance/Risk L3 Apprenticeship Standard programmes. We are looking for highly motivated, practitioner-experienced candidates to bring high quality support, and nurture and develop talent within the sector. The overall purpose of the role is to support each learner to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
You will need to have experience in the financial services industry relevant to Compliance/Risk for this role, to effectively coach and facilitate the development of learners on programme in these roles.
You will be responsible for the on programme delivery of apprenticeship skills and behaviour standards within this discipline. This will include coaching and provision of high quality support, guidance and feedback for your own caseload of apprentices enrolled on Apprenticeship School apprenticeship programmes within that discipline and support of your team, where necessary.
Apprenticeship Standard can be viewed here
Apprenticeship Learning Plan can be viewed here
- Deliver a structured and appropriate development journey for the learners, enabling them to maximise their full potential
- Be a first point of contact for the learners, including regular progress reviews and coaching sessions to monitor progress and facilitate their development
- Work collaboratively with BPP client services teams, learner line managers, own line manager and apprenticeship support services to effectively support the learners through to completion
- Provide written and verbal feedback to the learner on their progress against knowledge skills and behaviours relevant to the programme standard
- Communicate effectively with learners via the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and other appropriate tools and actively encourage learner engagement with their programmes using resources available
- Monitor progression with Functional Skills if applicable
- Update relevant progress monitoring tools and tracking systems as required
- Provide support during End Point Assessment to ensure all End Point components are carried to the necessary timescale
- Cover additional requirements in terms of Safeguarding & Welfare awareness, and learning support and inclusion. This includes referring to specific support teams at BPP if required, and embedding topics such as Prevent and British Values during reviews
- Contribute to the development of appropriate programme systems and processes
- Provide the support required to ensure target retention and completion rates for Apprenticeships are met
- Other activities as and when required by the Apprenticeship School
Please refer to the full job description
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.