Director, Student Life
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION WILL BE NEGOTIATED
- FULL TIME, 5 YEAR FIXED TERM
ECU is seeking to appoint an inspiring and motivated individual to lead and manage its Student Life Directorate. Reporting to the Deputy-Vice-Chancellor, Education, the Director, Student Life leads a suite of services that deliver an outstanding student experience with a focus on retention, employability and personalised support for student success.
The Director, Student Life is responsible for leading a whole-of-University approach to the planning, policy development, operational implementation and ongoing review of processes and support services within the Directorate to ensure optimisation of student experience.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience in a customer focussed leadership role at a large organisation, with a demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and develop a team of service professionals.
- Leadership skills that inspire confidence and motivate staff, and that promote collegiate behaviour among a number of diverse and different groups within the Directorate and wider University
- An ability to lead effective change and continual improvement outcomes with the ability to translate decisions into actions;
- Extensive experience in the administration of resources and budgets;
- Exceptional communication and relationship building and negotiation skills between internal and external stakeholders; and
- An inclusive management style and an ability to build and lead diverse teams in an ethical and professional manner
Candidates will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Boyden Executive Search will support the University’s Selection Panel to identify the widest possible field of qualified candidates and assist in the assessment of candidates against the requirements for this senior leadership role. For a confidential discussion about this unique leadership opportunity, please contact Kirsten Ludlow via email at email@example.com.
Applications close on Monday 15th April 2019 at 5.30 pm AWST.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.