Assistant Researcher/Research Associate/Research Fellow, KIOS
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence at the University of Cyprus announces 23 research positions, for full time or part time employment. The successful candidates will conduct research under multiple KIOS projects funded by the European Union, including the flagship KIOS CoE Teaming project, as well as national or industry-funded projects.
The required skills and expertise for the announced positions include one or more of the following areas:
- [2 positions] Cyber security and cyber-physical security [2 positions] Intelligent control and fault-diagnosis
- [2 positions] Intelligent, dependable and secure embedded systems [2 positions] Optimization and Machine Learning
- [2 positions] Autonomous multi-agent systems
- [2 positions] Semantics Networks and Ontologies [2 positions] Internet of Things (IoT) Technology [2 positions] Security of Industrial Control Systems
- [2 positions] Integration of renewables/storage in smart grids
- [5 positions] Monitoring and control of smart water networks or power and energy systems or intelligent transportation systems or telecommunication networks or smart buildings.
University of Cyprus
The University of Cyprus was officially founded in 1989 and started operating in Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus, in 1992. Within a short time, the University of Cyprus managed to achieve international recognition through an impressive course of development. Today, it is ranked 64th young university (under 50 years) and #351-400 worldwide by the Times New Higher Education Rankings.
These great distinctions are the result of our dedication to excellence and continuous development. The University of Cyprus managed to stand out and receive awards for the new paths it has opened up in particularly demanding and dynamic contexts of research. The University of Cyprus becomes better every year; therefore, it wishes to attract the best employees.
To this end, the University constantly develops its programs of study and recruits high-caliber staff who will contribute significantly to the design of new curricula, both at undergraduate and graduate level. One of the strategic aims of the University of Cyprus is the further promotion and development of research, in which new staff are expected to play an essential role.
KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (KIOS CoE)
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and has recently been upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs about 100 researchers (at various ranks/levels), who are supported by externally funded research projects. The vision of KIOS is that it will grow to 180-200 researchers by 2022.
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research in the area of Information and Communication Technologies with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures including power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunities employer.
The positions are on a contract basis. Initially, a one-year contract will be offered but this is renewable based on performance, for multiple years without any limitation. The monthly salary includes employee’s contributions, depends on the candidate’s qualifications and expertise and will be between €1000 - €2000 for BSc/MSc holders and between €1800 - €3000 for PhD holders. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. The employee will have the right to outpatient medical coverage (GHS) as of 01/06/2019 and shall contribute as of their date of employment 1,7% of their monthly gross earnings (as of 01/03/2020 this percentage shall increase to 2.65%). Additionally, the Employee may join the Private Medical Scheme for an additional cost of 4,95% of their monthly gross salary (provided that the total working time is over 18 hours per week). Maternity leave will be granted based on Social Insurance Laws from 1980 until 2012.
Bachelor`s Degree and/or postgraduate degree (M.Sc., PhD) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or Mathematics or a related field from an accredited institution.
Previous research experience will be considered an advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to conduct fundamental and/or applied research in the area of Information and Communication Technologies with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructure Systems. Depending on their qualifications and expertise, successful candidates will be responsible to prepare reports and project deliverables, contribute to the preparation of research proposals, algorithm and software development and assist in the supervision of undergraduate students. Furthermore, successful candidates will be encouraged to publish their research results in international conferences and journals.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online on the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date as well as the research area that they apply to (a candidate may apply in more than one area).
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
- Short description of their academic and research experiences (1 page maximum)
- The names and contact details of at least two University professors from whom references may be requested
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Friday, 3rd of May 2019, at 5 pm. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately. For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Fellowships jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Associate jobs in Cyprus