Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor of Orthodontics
Department Name Oral Health Science Department
The College of Dental Medicine is a newly established college at Qatar University and represents the only national dental college in the State of Qatar. The College implements an innovative integrated Problem-Based Learning(PBL) curriculum, promoting small group and self-directed learning. The language of instruction is English. Hamad Medical Cooperation (HMC) and its affiliated hospitals, and Primary Health Care centers (PHCC) in Qatar are the primary clinical training facilities of the College.
Faculty member appointed at the level of Assistant/ Associate/ or Full Professor will support and maintain the University’s national and international reputation for excellence in teaching and research, and thus positively participates in the overall contribution of the College of Dental Medicine, and QU Health / Qatar University at large.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes in building and enhancing an innovative College of Dental Medicine for the State of Qatar.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to teaching, with proficiency in teaching, in the relevant field for dental students.
- Contributes to the enhancement and development of other curricular activities.
- Promotes collaborative and interdisciplinary research in areas of priority for the dental college.
- Fosters a supportive and mentoring environment for students.
- Fosters academic and interdisciplinary research links with the relevant departments and centers at the University, being a member of one of the four principle research divisions: basic medical sciences, clinical sciences, public health, and health professions education.
- Promotes and communicates the work of the College to the public through a variety of community outreach activities, including workshops, lectures, publications,conferences, secondary school visits etc.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of the College’s strategic plan and mission in alignment with the strategic plan and vision and mission of the University.
Other duties as assigned
- PhD degree (or equivalent for clinical specialties) in the relevant discipline from a recognized and accredited university.
- Qualification/degree in Dental Medicine (DDM, MBDS) is preferred.
- Proven track record in education including medical, dental, or health professions simulation and innovation in a clinical skills training setting.
- English is required
- Arabic is preferred
- Strong background and demonstrated excellence in teaching of the relevant field in a dental college, preferably in an innovative integrated curriculum and using Problem-Based Learning (PBL) strategy.
- Experience and/or scholarship in ‘dental education’ is preferred.
- A strong record of relevant research experience backed with a strong and consistent track record of research productivity
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and administrative skills
- Excellence in interpersonal behaviors and commitment to effective teamwork collaboration with colleagues.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephone contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where coursework was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private healthcare and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please log into update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Applications should contain a letter of personal statement/philosophy along with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae that include list of publications, together withnames, addresses, telephone, and email address of five referees. The application must be submitted electronically. The deadline for submission is ona rolling basis.