Department Name Department of Civil & Architectural Engineering
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering has a new position for a laboratory engineer. Applications are specifically sought from people with previous strong technical experience in managing and handling daily activities of civil engineering laboratories. The Department has 7 labs in the following areas: Asphalt, Environmental, Materials, Soil Mechanics, Structures and Concrete, Surveying, and Fluid Mechanics. The Department will be applying for certification of labs and is aiming to develop the labs to provide services to the industry. It is expected that the lab engineer will take a primary role in managing the activities leading to this and work closely with the senior technician and other lab technician in the department to achieve this.
QUALIFICATIONS and competencies:
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related area.
- Registration / Certification from specialized institution such as (ACI, AASHTO, etc) Preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of field and laboratory experience required.
- Ability to formulate and maintain quality control goal and action.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability supervise overall operation of the laboratory.
- Ability to provide technical direction for specialized testing of the different materials.
- Ability to review laboratory test results and calculations.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Skills in maintenance and repair of research lab equipment.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to adapt and be creative to resolve problems.
- Capability to use applicable scientific rules and methods to resolve problems.
- Hands on experience in conducting quality control tests, proficiency Testing, preparation of control charts, method selection & validation, uncertainty calculations
- Experience of audit preparation, facing the audits and performing corrective actions
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.