Research Manager, Design, Architecture and Building
Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building
As an integral part of UTS, the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building (DAB) is an innovative and vibrant faculty with a focus on engaged, impactful research in a creative environment.
DAB is recruiting a Research Manager who will lead and manage the Faculty’s Research Support Office.
The Research Manager will initiate, develop and implement both DAB and UTS research strategy, policies, procedures, activities and reporting to enable DAB and our researchers to achieve their research objectives.
Through the effective management of the Faculty Research Support office, the Research Manager will empower a team of research administrators to provide cohesive and high quality support to a range of research areas across DAB.
As the ideal candidate for the role, you will be:
- A communicator, with highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to understand needs and expectations and translate complex policies and procedures.
- An empowering leader who has proven management skills with a track record of building high performing teams
- A problem solver who is able to quickly take in new concepts and information and deliver positive, innovative solutions to complex issues
- Knowledgeable in research administration across external research funding, HDR training and the development of research culture and research excellence
- Experienced in the implementation of policy, ideally within research administration in a higher education environment or in a relevant institutional setting
- Pragmatic and able to work effectively with others and foster an environment of collaboration
A tertiary postgraduate qualification, with extensive management and administrative experience in the higher education sector, or proven management expertise and extensive relevant experience will be highly regarded.
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please download the Position Description from the UTS website by clicking the relevant apply link.
Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. We are a dynamic and innovative university, ranked by the Times Higher Education as Australia’s top young university, and located centrally in one of the world’s most liveable cities. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $115,878 to $121,396 pa (HEW 9)
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis.
How To Apply
For further information about the application process, to view the position description and to submit an application for IRC127740, please click here to be taken to the UTS website.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Thursday 28th March 2019
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.
At UTS, the concepts of equity and social justice are key to our core and purpose – we are recognised widely as supporting inclusivity and valuing diversity through our Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy, Social Impact Framework and UTS Access and Inclusion Plan.
Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, we are now among the first Australian institutions to receive the Athena SWAN Bronze Accreditation for our commitment to action addressing gender equity in the STEMM disciplines.