Academic Support Specialist
Department Name Student Learning Support Center
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Student Affairs contributes to the educational mission of Qatar University by providing innovative opportunities, quality programs, and efficient services that enrich the students’ learning experience and their personal development.
Qatar University was founded in 1973 and is a member of the Arab Universities Federation and the International Federation of Universities. Qatar University offers Foundation programs as well as Undergraduate and Graduate degree programs to over 8,000 enrolled students. Please visit the QU website (www.qu.edu.qa) to learn more about our degree programs, our research, university facilities, and campus life.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach academic success workshops and conduct in-class presentations on topics related to academic skills development and learning strategies
- Recruit, supervise, and train new qualified peer tutors
- Schedule, oversee, and evaluate peer tutoring staff
- Provide individual academic coaching and guidance to students and refer students to the appropriate resources
- Assist in liaising with the Colleges to identify student academic needs and to collaborate on the development of new academic support initiatives
- Assist in the creation of new policies and procedures to facilitate more efficient operation of the various academic support programs
- Create supplemental materials for students to improve understanding of course content and development of academic success skills
- Maintain and develop tutoring resources such as textbooks, online tutoring, online resources, software and websites.
- Extend outreach to students who have been identified as at-risk
- Hold tutorial sessions with individual students and groups of students as needed
- Participate in New Student Orientation and College orientation sessions
- Assist in developing and delivering program specific marketing campaigns
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- English Language is required. Arabic Language is required
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic