Learning Support Specialist
Department Name Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
Qatar University profile :
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future of Qatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teaches and conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges,advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society.
Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members of the University - faculty, staff, and students- are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university .
The College of Health Science (CHS) was founded in 2016 following a 30-year success story as a department within various colleges at Qatar University. CHS is the national provider of high quality health sciences education and research in Qatar and offers undergraduate (BSc) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition and public health, as well as graduate programs; (MSc) in biomedical science and master of public health (MPH).
The College of Health Sciences aspires to be an internationally-recognized model of excellence with distinction in teaching, research, and community service.
In alignment with Qatar Vision 2030, our mission is to develop competent student graduates duly prepared for careers in health science-related disciplines who will contribute to the delivery of optimal health care.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CHS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF)is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1million/project (5million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
The Learning Support Specialist prepares the implementation of the Learning Support programs: scheduling, registering, constitution of sections and learning groups as well as, analyzes the Learning Support Section statistics data and prepares reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support in the implementation of Learning Support plan, strategies and actions in line with the University/College strategies for the development and enhancement of students’ learning experience and education.
- Prepare Learning Support program schedules and update them when necessary.
- Responsible to manage Learning Support social media accounts, and publicity and awareness Campaigns.
- Establish collaborative relationships with Information Technology Services Directorate and other academic departments.
- Supervise faculty/Graduate Assistants/Teaching Assistants.
- Monitor Learning Support Coordinators.
- Establish constructive relationships with students individually or in groups and interact with them to know their learning needs.
- Analyze Learning Support Section statistics data and prepare periodical reports.
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in related field.
- A certification in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution is a plus. Languages
- Arabic is required.
- English is preferred. Experience
- Normally a minimum of two years of post-degree relevant (statistics/mathematics) experience in related field.
- Attention to Detail
- Interactive Communication
- Reliability and Dependability
- Relationship Building
- Teamwork and Collaborative Working
- Time Management
- Organizational Awareness
- Service Excellence
- Education and Certifications
Non Academic .
- Curriculum Vitea with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.