Teaching Fellow A in Maths/Statistics Learning Development
Library & Learning Support Services
Salary: £32,236 to £39,609 per annum
Fixed Term (Contract End Date 12/06/2022)
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Monday 29 April 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The Maths and Statistics Hub (MASH) is an exciting new maths and statistics study advisory service, operating within bespoke new premises located prominently within the University’s Library & Learning Centre (LLC). The service sits alongside, but is also part of and works extensively with, the University’s well-established learning development service, Academic Skills and Development. The post-holder will contribute significantly to the development, enhancement and active promotion of the Mathematics & Statistics Hub as a student-focused (and staff-supportive) service.
Key features of the role include:
- Developing students to become confident and independent learners in the handling, interpretation and utilising of maths and statistics, via one-to-one drop-ins and appointments, small group-based support activities, workshops and, through collaboration with faculty staff, programme-embedded class-based activities.
- Developing extensive understanding of the application of maths and/or statistics to specific subject/programme contexts.
- Building strong collaborative working relationships with faculty colleagues, to identify and help to address issues in the design, development and delivery of maths and statistics-related learning, teaching and assessment activities; this may involve the co-design/delivery of bespoke teaching interventions in specific modules.
- Promoting and developing pedagogically-considered, effective and innovative methods in maths and/or statistics teaching, learning and assessment.
- Developing a programme of training and ongoing development for a small number of Research students to augment the activities of the permanent Mathematics & Statistics Hub staff.
- Supporting the Maths and Statistics Hub Manager in the ongoing evaluation and development of the service and its provision and responsibility for all aspects of service quality assurance.
The post-holder will have:
- A masters-level degree, or higher, in Maths, Statistics, or appropriately related-discipline, and
- At least one year’s experience of working in a maths or statistics student learning development role, or equivalent, in an HE setting.
Additionally, completion, or near completion, of an HE learning and teaching qualification, e.g. Postgraduate/Graduate Certificate, or equivalent is desirable.
Due to the fixed format of Teaching Fellow JPs, most of the key information about the requirements for the role can be found in the ‘Addendum’ section of the JP.
The post is fixed term for three years in the first instance.
For informal queries about the post, please email Robert Walsha, Head of Learning Development: email@example.com
For more information and to apply online, please download the further details and click on the 'apply online' button above.
We acknowledge, understand and embrace diversity.