Travel Plan Assistant
Application closing date 26/03/2019
Location Preston Campus
Salary Grade: F: (£25,482 - £29,515) pro-rata
Job category/type Professional Services
Working within UCLan's Safety, Health and Environment Department the Travel Plan Assistant will support the development, implementation and on-going management of the University's Travel Plan (2019 - 2024) and associated sustainable travel initiatives aimed offering alternatives to car travel for both commuter and business travel.
We are seeking a highly organised individual, flexible who can meet deadlines and prioritise tasks whilst dealing with a diverse range of day to day travel enquiries. Applicants must have relevant experience of implementing Business Travel Plans and associated people and/or resources in a large organisation and experience of marketing/promoting initiatives.
Applicants will need to be educated to a Degree/NVQ Level 4 or equivalent qualification/experiential learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide assistance with the implementation of the Travel Plan (2019-2024), meeting the aims and objectives set within the Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Promote and raise awareness of sustainable travel initiatives and discounts available to commuting staff and students. Provide up-to date information online, at Open Days and through national sustainable travel initiatives.
- Report on Business Travel mileage for both domestic and international travel.
- Engage and maintain relationships with local authorities and public transport companies to develop and improve local routes for cycling, walking and bus services.
- Manage cycle lockers and cycle equipment lockers, ensuring that the cycle database is kept up to date and locker rentals are paid.
- Be able to advise on journey routes and alternative modes of using the online travel planning tool, ensuring that this information is reflected and regularly updated on SharePoint, Student Portal and external webpages.
- Support the work of other members of the SHE Department as required.
Experience of working within a Travel/Environmental background is not essential but an ability to be highly organised and able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative is essential.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview.
School/Service: Estate Services
Hours: Part-time (16 hours per week - 0.44 FTE)
Basis: Fixed Term Maternity Cover for 12 months or upon the return of the substantive post holder, whichever is sooner.
Interview Date: To be confirmed