Human Resources Adviser
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Would you like to use your skills as an HR professional and contribute to great scientific developments? CERN is a unique organisation with ambitious research goals and high expectations of its HR Department. If you enjoy the challenge of a multi-cultural environment where every day brings something new, then this challenge is for you. CERN, take part!
HR Frontline fulfils the role of advisers to staff members, providing answers to their queries and challenges, as well as providing specific expertise services to the Departments.
As an HR Adviser (HRA), you will be assigned to one or several Departments or Units.
- Advise and support supervisors in their HR and people activities.
- Advise and support staff members with HR related concerns.
- Operationalise HR strategy.
- Support change management and organisational development activities.
- Be instrumental in driving HR processes into practice and providing feedback to Centres of Expertise.
- You may also contribute to specific HR-related projects.
Master's degree or PhD or equivalent relevant experience in the field of human resources or in a related field, e.g. economics, business administration, behavioural sciences, law, together with professional training in the field of human resources or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience as an HR adviser in a multicultural environment.
- Conflict resolution.
- Change management.
- Employee performance management.
- Talent management.
- Communicating effectively: demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively; delivering presentations in a structured and clear way; adjusting style and content to the audience; responding calmly and confidently to questions.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind; delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
- Solving problems: finding the information needed to solve problems; making objective judgments based on all the facts available; seeking and integrating other points of view when tackling an issue; consulting experts in the field and undertaking benchmarking.
- Working in teams: debating at the table and engaging in constructive confrontation of ideas; supporting and acting in accordance with team decisions; accepting joint responsibility for team successes and shortcomings.
- Spoken English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts.
- Written English: proficiency to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications in English.
- Written French or the willingness to acquire it rapidly would be an advantage.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 08.04.2019.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: HR-FL-2019-20-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Human Resources Professional
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further