Assistant/Associate/Professor in Pathology
College of Medicine
BACKGROUND OF COLLEGE OF MEDICINE (CMED)
The College of Medicine is a newly established college at Qatar University and represents the only national medical college in the state of Qatar. The College implements an innovative integrated, Problem-Based Learning (PBL) curriculum, promoting small group and self-directed learning. The language of instruction is English. Hamad Medical Cooperation (HMC) and its affiliated hospitals, and Primary Health Care centers (PHCC) in Qatar are the primary clinical training facilities of the College.
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Support and maintain the University’s national and international reputation for excellence in teaching and research, and thus positively participate in the overall contribution of the Medical College and Qatar University at large.
Duties & Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes in building and enhancing an innovative College of Medicine for the state of Qatar.
- Strong commitment to teaching, with proficiency in teaching, in the relevant field for medical students.
- Contributes to the enhancement and development of other curricular activities.
- Promotes collaborative and interdisciplinary research in areas of priority for the medical college.
- Fosters a supportive and mentoring environment for students.
- Fosters academic and interdisciplinary research links with the relevant departments and centers at the University, being a member of one of the 3 research divisions: center for translational molecular medicine, public health and medical education.
- Promotes and communicates the work of the College to the public through a variety of community outreach activities, including workshops, lectures, publications, conferences, secondary school visits etc.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of the College’s strategic plan and mission in alignment with the strategic plan and vision and mission of the University.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD degree (or equivalent for clinical specialties*) in the relevant discipline from a recognized and accredited university.
- Medical qualification/degree (MD, MBBS, MBBCh) is preferred.
- Strong background and demonstrated excellence in teaching of the relevant field in a medical college, preferably in an innovative integrated curriculum and using Problem-Based Learning (PBL) strategy.
- Experience and/or scholarship in ‘medical education’ is preferred.
- A strong record of relevant research experience backed with a strong and consistent track record of research productivity.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Excellence in interpersonal behaviors and commitment to effective team-work collaboration with colleagues.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic (both written and verbal) is preferred.
For clinical specialties (additional to the MedicalDegree) :
- Board certified in the relevant clinical specialty (American, Canadian etc)
- Royal College Membership/Fellowship in the relevant clinical specialty (MRCP, FRCS etc)
- Arab Board in the relevant clinical specialty
- Current Curriculum Vitea.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Applications should contain a letter of personal statement/philosophy along with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae that include list of publications, together with names, addresses, telephone, and email address of five referees. The application must be submitted electronically. The deadline for submission is on a rolling basis.