Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Population Medicine
Population Medicine Department
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Medicine is the eighth college of Qatar University and was founded in October 2014. It is fully aligned with Qatar’s national strategies in Education and Health, as well as Qatar University’s strategic plan. The College of Medicine will admit the first cohort of students in Fall 2015 and will utilize an innovative ability-based curriculum and a student-centered approach to teaching and learning to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to graduate competent physicians to meet the health care needs of society. The College will offer a 6-year medical program, leading to an MD degree that will enable graduates to pursue advanced clinical training. Graduates will be prepared by the College of Medicine to sit for international medical licensing exams to ensure their seamless transition into the next phases of their medical careers. The College will contribute to medical education, patient care, medical research, and community outreach in Qatar. We intend to build an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, skilled in the scholarship of teaching, discovery, application and integration of knowledge. See our website at www.qu.edu.qa/medicine for further information.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes in building and enhancing an innovative College of Medicine for the state of Qatar.
- Strong commitment to teaching, with proficiency in teaching, in the relevant field for medical students and contribute to development of the teaching-research nexus at the College.
- Contributes to the enhancement and development of other curricular activities.
- Promotes collaborative and interdisciplinary research in areas of priority for the medical college with demonstrated methodological expertise in a defined area of the field
- Fosters a supportive and mentoring environment for students.
- Fosters academic and interdisciplinary research links with the relevant departments and centers at the University, being a member of one of the 3 research divisions: Center for Translational Molecular Medicine, Population Medicine and Medical Education.
- Promotes and communicates the work of the College to the public through a variety of community outreach activities, including workshops, lectures, publications,conferences, secondary school visits etc.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of the College’s strategic plan and mission in alignment with the strategic plan and vision and mission of the University.
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD degree (or equivalent for clinical specialties*) in the relevant discipline from a recognized and accredited university.
- Medical qualification/degree (MD, MBBS, MBBCh) is preferred.
- Good proficiency in Stata (or equivalent) and with quantitative methodologies related to clinical epidemiology or related areas
- Strong background and demonstrated excellence in teaching of the relevant field in a medical college, preferably in an innovative integrated curriculum and using Problem-Based Learning (PBL) strategy.
- A strong record of relevant research experience backed with a strong and consistent track record of research productivity.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Excellence in interpersonal behaviors and commitment to effective team-work collaboration with colleagues.
- Experience and/or scholarship in ‘medical education’ is preferred.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic (both written and verbal) is preferred
- Current Curriculum Vitea.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.