Supervisor: Camp Director, Camp Associate Directors and Camp Assistant Directors
Starting Pay: $15/hr.
- Assist the Assistant Directors in all aspects of programming. Communicate regularly regarding concerns, updates, challenges and successes.
- Assist lead counselor for camp programs and activities with an assigned group of campers. Monitor daily attendance and be aware of any late arrivals and/or early pick-ups during the day.
- Stress the importance of good sportsmanship, manners and trust amongst everyone at camp.
- Ensure maximum participation from campers and provide opportunities so that each individual experiences success while at camp.
- Set a good example for campers in all areas, including cleanliness, punctuality, clean-up chores, rules, sportsmanship and safety.
- Make sure all equipment and supplies are ready and set-up for activities in advance and that it is properly cleaned up and stored at the conclusion of the activity or day.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Camp Director, Executive Camp Director as well as the Associate and Assistant Directors.
- Become familiar with camp medical forms and injury reports to be prepared in case of emergency.
- Ensure campers’ safety as they switch from activity to activity.
- Supervise field trip activities.
- Work with Assistant Director on alternate activities in the event a planned activity must be cancelled (as during inclement weather).
- Prepare for and actively participate in pre-camp training.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.