Programme Support Officer
4 days left
- Full Time
Closing date: 29/03/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Law School -Law School
Members of the Law School Programme Support team will work together with the Director of Law School Delivery, the Programme Support Managers and the Senior Programme Support Officers to ensure that all Law School administrative and support processes are properly set up and aligned across all programmes. As a team, they will be responsible for ensuring an excellent student journey through the Law School. They will also assist the Director of Law School Delivery in the successful transition from the current regulatory regimes to the new regime. The work of the Programme Support team is organised into three broad areas of responsibility, focusing on the following aspects of the student journey:
The key elements of the work in each area of responsibility are set out at the end of this job description. Programme Support Officers may work primarily within one area of responsibility but generally will be required to work flexibly across the three areas of responsibility as determined by the Programme Support Managers to meet demands in workload as and when required so as to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
Core Responsibilities of a Programme Support Officer (including but not limited to):
- Working with the Director of Law School Delivery to build and maintain relationships between the Law School and key BPP operations teams, including but not limited to Admissions, SRO, Student Finance, Timetabling Unit, EAO and Student Advice.
- Building expert knowledge in the Law School administrative and support processes to work within a dedicated delivery team.
- Providing students with excellent customer service and issue resolution.
- Acting as a first point of contact for all non-academic student queries
- Building a good understanding of all Law School administrative and support processes to allow flexible working across the areas of responsibility, as required.
- Generally to assist the Law School Team to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
- To be part of a rota of staff from within the Law School who sit with the Student Advice and Guidance team to give front facing student advice and guidance.
- Other key responsibilities are determined by the Programme Support Officer’s primary work area (pre-registration, on-programme or exams) and are set out at the end of this job description.
- Other administrative support activities as and when required by the Law School.