Special Scientist, FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
FOSS RESEARCH CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy (www.foss.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS.
Application Code: FOSS2019SS-03
- First Degree (with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent) in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Physics.
- PhD in a subject related to the broader field of power systems and control and/or systems of power electronics and renewable sources of energy.
- Ideally, the candidate will have prior experience in research projects in relevant fields to this post.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research under research projects of the PV Technology Laboratory in the field of PV Systems, Smart Grids, Grid Integration, Storage Technologies and Electric Mobility.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Design, implementation and experimentation to collect data on performance and qualitative operation of photovoltaic systems
- Modelling of Smart Grids and the integration of energy storage technologies and renewable energy sources
- Study of electric mobility Data analysis
- Signal processing or image processing techniques for PV diagnostics Writing articles and publications of research results
- Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year) and postgraduate students Support in research project management
- Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
The monthly employment cost for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €1200-2800 (€8,57/hr €20/hr). From this amount, employer and employee contributions to the various Government Funds as well as any income tax will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful progress. 13th salary is not provided.
Ideally, the position should be combined with an application for a PhD at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus and the research work that will be carried out will be the subject of the doctoral thesis.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- Letter of interest for the position
- Full cv
- Copies of degrees and transcripts
- Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
by email to the following address: email@example.com by Friday, 5th of April 2019. The application must include the application code FOSS2019SS-03.
For more information please contact: Professor George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Special Scientist, FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Physics & Astronomy Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus