Special Scientist in Electrical Engineering
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
FOSS RESEARCH CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy (www.foss.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS in the field of PV and GRID integration.
Application Code: FOSS2019SS-04
- First Degree (with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
- PhD in a subject related to the broader field of power systems and control and/or systems of power electronics and renewable sources of energy.
- High academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
Prior experience in any of the following fields will be beneficial:
- Electrical grid simulation and analysis Smart grids
- Storage technologies
- Research work in any of the above referred fields substantiated with related reputable publications.
- Ideally, the candidate will have prior experience in research projects in relevant fields to this post.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research under research projects of the PV Technology Laboratory in the field of Grid Integration. The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting research in PV technology grid integration and storage
- Electrical grid simulation and analysis
- Smart grids and the design of the University microgrid system
- Writing articles and publication of research results
- Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year) and postgraduate students
- Support in research project management
- Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
The monthly employment cost for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of€2000-4200 (€14,28/hr - €30,00/hr). From this amount employer and employee contributions to the various Government Funds as well as any income tax will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful progress. 13th salary is not provided.
Ideally, the position should be combined with an application for a PhD at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus and the research work that will be carried out will be the subject of the doctoral thesis.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- letter of interest for the position
- full cv
- copies of degrees and transcripts
- name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
by email to the following address: email@example.com by Friday, 5April 2019. The application must include the application code FOSS2019SS-04.
For more information please contact: Dr. George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Special Scientist in Electrical Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly