Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Creative Intelligence and Innovation
Faculty of Transdisciplinary Innovation
Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. We are a dynamic and innovative university, ranked by the Times Higher Education as Australia’s top young university, and located centrally in one of the world’s most liveable cities. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
About the Faculty
As we move into a new world of work, there is a pressing demand for professionals who can take a transdisciplinary approach to solving problems, creating solutions, and identifying opportunities that would otherwise go untapped.
In the UTS Faculty of Transdisciplinary Innovation (FTDi), we’re focused on producing graduates who can deliver creative, entrepreneurial and highly collaborative solutions. Our courses are about building expertise that’s unhindered by traditional discipline boundaries. We have a vision to advance learning beyond professional silos, to push boundaries and to explore the role of transdisciplinarity in creating new solutions for a future world.
To do this, we offer a unique style of learning that emphasises collaboration across disciplines. It’s based on extensive research into the future economy, and shaped by the input of our industry partners, who play an active role in developing our courses.
About the role
This role will see you contributing to learning and teaching, research and engagement activities in the Faculty of Transdisciplinary Innovation, specifically in the Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation (BCII). There will be opportunities to collaborate across the faculty and wider university to design, develop and deliver innovative educational experiences, lead research that is addressing complex real-world issues and engage with the Faculty’s extensive industry and partner network.
To be successful in securing this opportunity you will have:
- a PhD or equivalent with a knowledge of transdisciplinary educational and industry practice. Applicants from the following disciplines will be given preference: design, entrepreneurship, health and law. Applicants with extensive industry experience are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated capacity in learner focused curriculum development, including:
- Development and delivery of innovative learning experiences
- A track record of scholarship, impact and excellence in research, relative to opportunity and level of appointment sought. This may include;
- academic publications
- industry project outcomes
- competitive external funding
- successful PhD supervision
- or others forms of professional practice.
- A strong track record in forging effective and productive collaborations with key internal and external stakeholders, both locally and internationally
- Excellent communication, management, leadership and mentoring skills
We look forward to receiving your application
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $102,952AUD to $165,363AUD pa (Level B/C/D)
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis.
How To Apply
You are required to submit the following with your application
- a cover letter (maximum one page) indicating the role level you are applying for
- a limited CV (no more than 5 pages) plus an ORCID or equivalent
- a response to question 1), and a response to question 2a) OR 2b). Maximum 500 word response to each question.
- Describe how you apply transdisciplinarity in your professional practice (e.g. Industry, academic, teaching, research)
2a) Scenario: You’re given the opportunity to design a subject in the Transdisciplinary space. Describe the subject with reference to the Subject Learning Outcomes and assessments you would design.
2b) Scenario: The university has allocated strategic funding for a new, 3-year transdisciplinary research project. What is your proposal and how would you implement this?
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please click the apply button and download the Position Statement from the UTS website.
Only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC125501.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: 4th April, 2019 at 11.59pm (AEST)