Campus Technology Onsite Engineer
Location: London Liverpool Street
Closing date: 21/03/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Group IT - IT Operations
The primary duty of the OSE is to provide technical expertise in facilitating the smooth running of the Campus Service Technology platforms across BPP’s estate; to maximize service delivery of educational services to our customers and to also maximize productivity to BPP’s internal business services. The OSE will be assigned several sites by the OSE team leader for which they will be directly responsible in managing to a high professional standard.
- Take responsibility for the smooth running of all BPP’s student facing desktops; laptops; tablets; smart devices; Operating Systems and applications for all classrooms, student library areas, Internet cafés and other student facing areas.
- Provide support to all BPP internal staff for all BPP desktop; laptop; tablet; smart devices; operating systems and application issues.
- Provide remote assistance using prescribed tools such as; GoToAssist, SCCM Remote Tool, Lync and/or Skype for Business.
- Provide support for any IT related issue as direct by management.
- Provide training and supporting documents for the Customer Service Advisors Team in basic classroom support for PC's and audio visual presentation equipment.
- Produce technical training guides and documentation to share knowledge with our team including the service desk.
- Produce non-technical training guides and documentation to aid self-help for staff
- Assist the Customer Service Advisors Team with any queries that arise during daily checks of all classroom IT equipment.
- Provide weekly reports to management for all issues at assigned sites
- Take ownership of incidents and professionally manage them through to resolution or timely escalation.
- Ensure all incidents, issues and changes are recorded by users through the service desk.
- Manage incidents; problems and changes through IT360 (ticket management tool).
- Provide common solutions in IT360 for the service desk team and contribute to the integrated knowledge base.
- Attend regular team meetings as directed by your line manager.
- Attend monthly site meetings with senior staff managers and Customer Service Managers.
- Produce monthly site reports.
- Provide hands on support for other IT teams, i.e. Networks, Security, Server Admin, Applications and Telephony as required.
- Proactively manage assigned sites and suggest improvements and innovation.
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as assigned by the management team.
- Provide support for all IT related projects (there will be occasional out of hours working, including nights and weekends).
- Please note that this role will require travel across the UK and all BPP’s sites.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications required for the job
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- MCP Qualification
- Solid knowledge of cloud-hosted business applications with Office 365
- Solid knowledge in Microsoft Office 2007 – 2016.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 - 2012
- Microsoft Outlook configuration, troubleshooting, housekeeping and administration.
- Cisco switch knowledge and experience
- Solid background in Active Directory.
- Network troubleshooting (including wireless), IP, DHCP, DNS
- A high level of knowledge in software packaging and deployment in SCCM.
- Desktop and laptop imaging using direct methods; lite touch or zero touch and SCCM deployment
- Basic Scripting.
- Computer Based Assessment software configuration and support.
- Smart phone, iPad and Windows tablet user support.
- Desktop PC and laptop hardware, troubleshooting.
- Printer troubleshooting and management.
- Remote access via Citrix and Cisco VPN.
- Projector and audio visual maintenance and support.
- Good team player.
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills as well as written and verbal skills are essential.
- A good telephone manner.
- Ability to deal professionally with users, customers and suppliers at all levels.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Weekly and monthly report writing
- Produce training documentation.
- Organised with good time keeping
- A Self-motivated, committed IT professional, must be able to work on own initiative and without constant supervision.
- Proven experience of working in a high pressured corporate environment