Research Fellow in Computer Science
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: $98,009 - $111,365 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Fixed term (12 months)
- Work at one of the world's top universities
- Opportunity to work with cross-disciplinary team of statisticians, economists, computer scientists and social scientists
- Become involved in the development and dissemination of working papers and high impact academic journal articles
- Be part of a world-class multi-disciplinary team
The ANU Centre for Social Research and Methods is seeking an expert in modern computer science techniques to assist with projects that examine the economic costs and benefits of crime prevention interventions. The Research Fellow will work closely with Associate Professor Matthew Manning in developing an emerging area of research on the development of economic tools and Apps that contribute to better policy regarding crime prevention. The successful applicant will assist with data collection, transcription, analysis, software design and development and dissemination of results.
The ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) is the largest single College of seven Colleges at ANU. The College, which is structured into two main research schools, offers degrees in more than 20 discipline areas and excels in research across the creative arts, humanities and social sciences. The College has a substantial international research presence and is a major source of national policy advice. Our academic staff are internationally recognised for their research, and 57 are members of the Australian Academy of the Humanities, the Academy of the Social Sciences of Australia, or both. We also host 13 Australian Research Council Future Fellows and two ARC Laureates. A hub of vibrant activity, we host more than 270 lectures, concerts and exhibitions each year, most of which are open to the public. Our students, staff and graduates come from more than 60 nations, bringing a diversity of perspective to campus life.
Enquiries: Associate Professor Matthew Manning T: 61 2 61253880 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Centre for Social Research and Methods is committed to developing a diverse staffing profile, and supporting flexible working arrangements that take into account caring responsibilities.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Advertised: 08 Mar 2019 09:00:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Apr 2019 11:55:00 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time