Deadline 7 Apr 2019
Start date by agreement and no later than May 2019
The bursar of the faculty of Medicine opens a recruitment for a position of a laboratory technician for a Biology department.
A new position as a technician will be available in a newly established laboratory within the Department of Biology at the Faculty of Medicine of the Masaryk University. We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working laboratory technician who will become an essential part of a new research team.
The Department of Biology is a strongly established and internationally renowned ensemble conducting transversal research across different fields.
Work in the lab will focus on studying the mechanisms that ensure correct chromosome segregation in meiotic cells, with particular emphasis on how DNA damage is repaired during gametogenesis in order to preserve genome integrity and allow faithful partitioning of the genetic material in the daughter cells. The lab will employ the non-parasitic nematode Caenorhabditis elegans as a model system.
- Weekly preparation of agar-based plates for maintaining C. elegans strains
- Freezing strains and looking after the frozen stocks collection
- Responsible for keeping and updating antibodies collection
- Expression and purification of proteins in bacteria
- Preparation of media and buffers
- Ordering of consumables and dealing with suppliers
- Assisting PhD students with large scale molecular biology experiments
- Master diploma in Biology, Molecular biology or similar field
- Previous lab experience
- Being fluent in English is essential
Salary: the offered salary will be commensurate with candidate’s knowledge and experiences
Start: Upon agreement and no later than May 2019
How to apply: CV and references should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org