Deadline 28 Mar 2019
Start date 1.4.2019 or negotiable
We look for new colleagues to our team focused on interdisciplinary and international research projects. Do you want to be a part of such projects which really make sense? You are not looking for a routine, but would like to face challenges and prefer a variety of activities? Do you feel that it is responsible and meaningful to participate in operating of the systems you are contributing to/developed?
Then we are looking for you! Our team has pretty well managed communication with users, so it's going to influence you a very little and leaving you sufficient scope on your IT activities.
At this position you will:
- participate in various European projects, for example in the field of biomedicine
- develop (biomedical) applications, work on improvements of open-source software such as biomedical and scientific data processing tools and laboratory systems
- maintain a database of these data (custom adjustments according to the users´ needs) as well as more demanding server administration and deployment of the software in end laboratories
You are the person who:
- is college-educated (at least at bachelor's degree) in informatics or in a related technical field, (science education supplemented by programming experience is possible as well)
- knows programming languages as Java, Python and Unix shell
- is able to communicate in English at B1 level (reading documentation and occasionally writing in English is required)
- is a team worker
- is thorough and reliable
What is our offer?
- career growth and visible results due to work on the open-source systems
- interesting work on international projects involved in building research infrastructures
- dynamic work (no routine)
- individual approach to training in used and developed technologies
- the possibility to travel abroad and exchange stays
- flexible start and finish times, the possibility of home-office after training
- English-language courses
- possibility to participate in team building activities
- six weeks of vacation, meal vouchers, pension insurance contribution
- free parking
- full-time job (part-time job is also possible after agreement)
Send your CV via e-application below or to: email@example.com.