Synthetic Chemist, Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate
Engineering & Applied Science
Location: Partnership Medical Limited, Stoke on Trent, ST4 3PE
Salary: £30,000 to £32,000 per annum
depending on your experience
Contract Type: Fixed Term (24 months)
Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Wednesday 03 April 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious PhD level graduate to take on this strategic project with the support of mentors from Partnership Medical Ltd, Aston University and Innovate UK. The project will develop an automated cleaning system for flexible endoscopy equipment (24 month fixed term contract).
Qualifications we require:
You should have a PhD in Chemistry or related discipline, ideally with experience of both organic and inorganic synthesis. Knowledge/ experience of microbiology would also be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be provided.
About Partnership Medical Ltd :PFE Medical are Infection Prevention and Decontamination Specialists. It specialises in bringing new, innovative infection prevention products to UK hospitals and is the UK’s leading supplier of endoscopy equipment. To find out more please visit partnershipmedical.com.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position. Please visit: http://www.aston.ac.uk/business/grow-your-business/funding/knowledge-tra...
Essential skills we require as a minimum:
- Excellent experimental skills, ideally with experience of meso-crystal formation or nanoparticle synthesis/modification.
- Understanding of the challenges and benefits of inter-disciplinary projects.
- Ability to balance technical and commercial interests of the project
The successful candidate must possess:
- Enthusiasm and maturity to take ownership of all aspects of the project
- The ability to work as an effective team member whilst being highly self motivated and capable of working independently.
- A proactive and positive attitude with good communication skills.
Apply now: For a full job description and to apply online please visit: https://jobs.aston.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=RXXXX