Full-time Instructor - Department of Psychology
TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES AT
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
Position Available: Full-time Instructor (One position)
Instructors are expected to offer and be fully responsible for 2 to 4 modules under the Roots and Wings 2.0 programme offered by the Department of Psychology. The programme aims to train undergraduate students’ soft skills for success and wellbeing based on psychological research. The modules can be in the form of seminars or workshops.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
A Masters (or equivalent) degree in the area of clinical, positive, or social psychology is preferred by the time of appointment.
Some teaching experience will be an advantage.
Nature of Job:
- planning for modules
- conducting workshops or seminars
- facilitating discussion groups
- marking assignments and exams
- providing student consultations
- overseeing class management and administration
Length of Appointment:
One academic year in the first instance. Position will begin in July 2019.
Competitive salary will be offered, depending on qualifications and experience.
Your application should be submitted online at this website: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/13387 and should comprise the following:
- NUS Personal Particulars Form (downloadable from http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/psy/about.html#job-opportunities)
- NUS Personal Data Consent Form for Job Applicants (downloadable from http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/psy/about.html#job-opportunities)
- Full CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy and methodology
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts
- Two reference letters to be submitted directly by the letter writers at the above website (letter writers should be able to comment on your suitability for the job)
Deadline for Applications: 10 April 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Please contact Ms Chan Mei Xin, email@example.com.