Postdoctoral Researcher in Nuclear Engineering
Organization Name Nuclear Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
Khalifa University of Science and Technology has grown to become one of GCC’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key center of intellectual talent and innovation. We are UAE’s highest ranking and second in the Arab World in the latest global university rankings by Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world.
Research and teaching conducted at the Nuclear Engineering Department spans from frontline topics in basic science (atomic, nuclear, and particle) to more applied areas such as nuclear reactor physics, nuclear reactor technology, nuclear thermal hydraulics analysis, and nuclear power safety. Our Nuclear Engineering Department invites applications for a post-doctoral position under an approved fund to investigate numerically a novel hybrid renewable/clean energies system. In this role, the successful candidate will carry out the optimization of reactor core design parameters and transients of a high temperature reactor that is coupled to a thermal energy storage system, to achieve the key goal of maintaining constant reactor power operations with highly variable power demand profiles.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Develop/improve neutronic models of the reactor core using Monte Carlo and deterministic codes;
- Perform reactor transient simulation to study the characteristics and maneuvers of the overall coupled system using a dynamic system-level design code;
- Conduct a safety analysis of the nuclear reactor and the overall coupled system;
- A PhD degree awarded in Nuclear Engineering or a closely related discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, or Physics. We seek a candidate with a demonstrated ability to conduct independent research in modelling of nuclear reactor cores using Monte Carlo and deterministic techniques.
- The successful applicant should be strongly motivated, have the capability to work independently as well as in collaboration with members of the research group.
- A superior academic performance and publication record
- The position will also require independent work in addition to collaborative skills and creative thinking. In addition, good oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Considerable knowledge of nuclear reactor physics, neutronics and simulation method, is required.
- Knowledge of neutronics codes are a very strong plus, such as SERPENT, MCNP6, WIMS and CASMO-SIMULATE. In addition, knowledge of dynamic system-level design code such as Matlab/Simulink is preferred.
- Familiarity with nuclear data libraries as well as relevant databases.
- The candidate is expected to have considerable knowledge and skills in:
- Nuclear engineering principles, theories, and practices for the design and analysis of reactor systems.
- Applying computational approaches and techniques for analysis, data interpretation, and engineering problem solving.
- Programming skills, including scripting languages, are required.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.kustar.ac.ae/pages/careers. This position will have a join date of January 2019/ August 2019. All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, teaching and research statement, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references. Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Postdoctoral Researcher in Nuclear Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physics & Astronomy Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates