Karolinska Institutet, MEB
The Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics (MEB) is among the largest departments of epidemiology in Europe with special focus on increasing our knowledge of the aetiology of different diseases. Our department consists of researchers, doctoral students, biostatisticians, data collectors and database administrators as well as administrative personnel, in total some 250 staff. The department is situated at campus Solna. Further information can be found at ki.se/meb
The successful candidate will work within a research group with strong skills in advanced epidemiological analyses. The research group uses the unique possibilities in Sweden to perform epidemiological research about sustainable lifestyle and health.
The successful candidate is expected to apply advanced data management skills and statistical analyses of epidemiological data such as cohort studies, case-control studies, survey data as well as randomized clinical trials.
She/he is also expected to prepare tables, figures and draft manuscripts as well as supervise 2-3 students /years (bachelor and master level).
Since part of the research group is situated at Mälardalen University, the candidate is expected to attend meetings at the campus in Västerås a few times every semester as well as to be involved in the ongoing research at Mälardalen University.
Educational background that is required
PhD in epidemiology or biostatistics
Experience and knowledge that is required
- Advanced data management skills needed for observational studies using different types of data including questionnaire data, clinical data , microbiome etc.
- Expertise in epidemiological study design and analyses, with focus on nutritional epidemiology approaches.
- Prior experience from using several of the following statistical software and programming languages: SAS, R, Stata, Excel.
- Prior experience from research on lifestyle factors and health.
- Prior experience from working in an international research context.
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
The employment is for one year with the possibility of extension.
Type of employment Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type Full time
First day of employment According to agreement
County Stockholms län
Reference number 2-1194/2019
- Lina Werner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katarina Bälter, Katarina.Balter@ki.se
- Rino Bellocco, email@example.com
- Henry Wölling, SEKO, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ulrika Zagai, SACO, email@example.com
- Ann Almqvist, OFR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date 24.Apr.2019 11:59 PM CET