Synthetic Chemist, KTP Associate, Partnership Medical
Life & Health Sciences
Location: Meritics Limited, Dunstable, LU6 3HS
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Contract Type: Fixed Term (24 months)
Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Wednesday 03 April 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious graduate to take on this strategic project with the support of mentors from Meritics, Aston University and Innovate UK. The project will develop the company’s capability to measure the size, concentration and distribution of biological entities (24 month fixed term contract).
Qualifications we require:
As a minimum, you will hold a bachelor’s level degree in Biochemistry or a related relevant subject, ideally with a Masters and some research experience in this area. Experience of using particle sizing equipment would be a distinct advantage.
Meritics supplies the world’s best in class solutions for material and particle characterisation, providing solutions and contract services for industrial and academic applications. To find out more please visit https://www.meritics.com/
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer
Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position.
Essential skills we require as a minimum:
- Excellent technical ability, ideally with experience of nano-particle generation & characterisation or related biophysical approaches.
- Understanding of the challenges and benefits of inter-sectoral projects.
- Ability to balance technical & commercial interests of the project
The successful candidate must possess:
- Enthusiasm and maturity to take ownership of all aspects of the project
- The ability to work as an effective team member whilst being highly self motivated and capable of working independently.
- Proactive and positive with good communication skills.
- Good experimental and project management/ leadership skills
- A current driving license would be an advantage