PhD Scholarship in the Areas of Combustion and Thermal Analysis of a Rotating Detonation Engine
- PhD scholarship in the areas of Combustion and Thermal Analysis of a Rotating Detonation Engine
- The scholarship is open to Australian and NZ Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia
- $27,596 per year for 3 years
About this scholarship
A PhD scholarship is available at the University of South Australia (UniSA) for a collaborative project with leading institutions around Australia and abroad on the Development of a Rotating Detonation Engine within the School of Engineering at the University of South Australia. The position is funded through a Cooperative Research Centre Project called Responsive Access to Space. The challenge is to develop and ground test a rotating detonation wave engine capable of sustained operation. Engine geometry, fuel injection, combustion, thermal management and material are the critical topics requiring investigation.
The proposed candidate is expected to do the modelling of engine geometry, injection, combustion, thermal management and choose appropriate material to withstand high temperature. The results will be presented to regular meetings with other institutions and the results will be shared with other institutions and then, the final design wil be selected, manufactured and tested.
The following knowledge is expected from the candidate:
- Essential experience in combustion simulation using simulation software like ANSYS, OpenFOAM or any other software
- Priority will be given to the candidate who has the experience in combustion simulation of Ramjet, Scramjet and/or Rotating Detonation Engine
- Capability in applying FEA tools such as ANSYS to analyse thermal design
The scholarship is open to Australian and NZ Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia. Applicants must meet the entry requirements for a research degree program at the University of South Australia.
$27,596 per year for three (3) years
Application closing date: This position will remain open until filled
Interested candidates should submit their CV, supporting statement, names and contact details of referees to Dr Saiful Bari at Saiful.Bari@unisa.edu.au