Examiner for Media (Middle Years Programme)
Become an IB Examiner for Media (Middle Years Programme)
As part of assessment processes, the IB works with educators in a variety of different roles. We are always looking to recruit new, skilled examiners and senior examiners as the IB continues to grow.
As an examiner you will play an important role in maintaining the quality of assessment for which the IB is known worldwide. This experience will enable you to:
- Enhance your professional development
- Expand your subject knowledge
- Earn extra income working from the convenience of your home
Founded in 1968, the International Baccalaureate® (IB) is a non-profit educational foundation offering four highly respected programmes of international education that develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
We strive to develop students who will build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
In the Middle Years Programme (MYP), through learning about media and how to create media, students have the chance to understand better the power of media as a tool for expression and investigation. Imagery in film and media tells a story that immediately crosses cultural boundaries to speak in a universal language. Media also allows students to develop planning and organizational skills within a highly motivating context.
Applicants must have:
- a degree or equivalent in the subject (or a related subject) for which they are applying,
- a minimum of one year’s experience teaching the subject (or a related subject) to students 14 to 16 years of age
- applicants who are no longer teaching must have taught or examined within the last three years
- access to the internet, via a broadband (or faster) connection, in an environment that is suitable for marking confidential assessment material.
IB teaching experience is not essential.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website: