Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment Lecturer
4 days left
- Full Time
Closing date: 29/03/2019
Salary: £45,000 + (Dependent on experience)
Employment type: Permanent
Department: School of Business & Technology - Faculty
Nationwide (online) with some travel to London and other national travel required
Full time, however part time applications welcome
The BPP School of Business and Technology is recruiting for a tutor specialising in Securities and Investments to teach across apprenticeship programmes which support learners in working towards their Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) professional qualification.
We are looking for highly motivated tutors with significant finance practitioner experience to bring high quality teaching and module leadership into the School.
The role of the tutor is to ensure that learners in the School receive a premium experience. This is achieved via delivery of the highest quality tuition, materials and student support.
Tutors will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, module leadership (authoring), managing learner cohorts, teaching (mostly online but with some potential for face to face delivery too). Faculty may also be required to support business development/learner recruitment activity (for example attending pitches or open evenings).
- Be accountable for high quality module learning and resource development, using relevant professional syllabus material to create high quality, engaging teaching and learning materials, including formative multiple choice and other assessment materials.
- Develop and deliver high quality and consistent teaching materials including detailed schemes of work, topic guidance, activity checklists, content, (including webinar slides and resources).
- Work with the Heads of Programme and Head of Quality Assurance to ensure that all teaching and learning is continuously improved.
- Act as an accessible and timely first point of contact for learners for module-related and study-related advice and support, facilitating study groups where appropriate
- Make proactive contact with learners at defined points in the module (e.g. induction and revision)
- Provide support and guidance for the relevant teaching teams.
- Providing academic support for commercial and business development activities within the School. Ad hoc provision of client liaison and support as required.
- Teaching on the relevant programmes in mainly online but also face to face modes.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
The School also has tutor opportunities in the wider banking and finance discipline across our degree and professional qualification programmes, which a tutor in this role could get involved in. It provides scope for the variety of duties a tutor undertakes to increase if they wish to take the opportunity.
Please refer to the full job description
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check