Teaching Assistant of Educational Sciences/Physical Education
Department Name Educational Sciences Department
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform. Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society. The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
The College of Education at Qatar University invites applicants for the newly created and fast growing BS in Physical Education program. We are seeking a teaching assistant in Physical Education beginning in the Fall 2019 semester. This is principally a teaching position. The candidate will be expected to teach select physical skill component of the curriculum (individual and team sports). Hence, the candidate must be familiar with the rules and regulations of the most common individual and teams sports. The candidate is expected to provide innovation to instruction; engage in committee service within the program and college; and a strong commitment to a sustained professional profile that contributes to the College, the University, and the community.
Candidates will be considered for the position on the basis of the selection criteria below. The candidate should address these criteria in the application:
- Teaching experience in higher education in physical education
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, collegial environment
- Experience managing a lab
- Masters in Physical Education or closely related field.
- Ability to teach in Arabic
- Minimum of 2 teaching experience at the collegiate level
- Multilingual fluency is desirable but ability to teach courses in Arabic is mandatory.
- ACSM, NSCA, or similar certification preferable
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Letter of interest outlining teaching expertise and reasons for your interest in this position
- At least three references including contact number and email addresses.
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisement 30-Mar-2019