Laboratory Technician/Laboratory Manager
Department Central European Institute of Technology
Start date upon agreement
Laboratory technician/lab manager for the research group “Protein-DNA interactions”
Group Leader: Konstantinos Tripsianes, Ph.D
A position of laboratory technician/lab manager is available at the “Protein-DNA interactions” group that is part of Structural Biology program at CEITEC, Masaryk University (MU). The group is studying biological processes using biomolecular NMR and related biophysical methods for the investigation of protein structures and their interactions (other proteins, nucleic acids, small ligands).
- responsibility for day-to-day operation of the lab including the basic management of laboratory resources
- ordering all reagents and plastics for the lab
- preparation of various media and buffers
- cultivation of bacterial cultures
- share in performance of biochemistry experiments (PCR, cloning, expression of proteins, etc.)
- management of maintenance and service of shared laboratory equipment
- help incoming co-workers into a smooth start in the lab
- at least Master degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry or other related fields of life-sciences
- good knowledge of English (oral and written)
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- high motivation, flexibility and self-driven interest to learn new things
- reliability, team player, meticulousness
- knowledge of "laboratory chemistry" - preparation of solutions with defined concentrations, adjusting pH, preparation of media for bacterial cultures etc.
- computer literacy, MS word, Excel.
- Excellent experience with molecular biology, protein purification and biochemistry is a big plus
- full-time or part-time contract
- interesting work in a top scientific team
- stable base and excellent instrumental equipment of CEITEC-MU
- MU employment benefits
- salary based on qualification and experience
Brno is an attractive, lively place to live and work with many cultural and recreational amenities.
Please send CV and a short motivational letter including: a) description of previous experiences b) technical skills and c) at least two contact references to Konstantinos Tripsianes (firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidates considered for the second round of interview will be informed via email.