Associate Professor of Educational Sciences/Sports/Exercise Psychology
4 days left
- Full Time
Department Name Educational Sciences Department
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform. Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society. The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
The College of Education invites applicants for the newly created and fast growing BS program in Physical Education. New state-of-the-art laboratories (Exercise Physiology, Exercise Biochemistry, Exercise Psychology, Motor Learning, and Biomechanics) will house the course labs and serve as center for research for our faculty starting fall 2019.
We seek a highly qualified faculty for a new position in Sports Psychology/Sociology beginning in the Fall semester 2019. The program places a heavy emphasis on teaching excellence and existing and sustainable scholastic productivity. The candidate will be expected to maintain an active research agenda; teach a variety of undergraduate courses (Psychological Aspects of Sports and Physical Activity, Sociological Aspects of Sports and physical Activity, Basic Nutrition); provide innovation to instruction; engage in committee service within the program, College, and University; and a strong commitment to a sustained professional profile that contributes to the College, the University, and the community.
Candidates will be considered for the position based on the selection criteria below. The candidate should address these criteria in the application:
- Teaching experience in higher education in the field of exercise/sports science.
- An active research profile in the area of specialization.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, collegial environment
- Experience managing a lab
- A record of achievement that warrants appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Those applying for associate rank must demonstrate a consistent and ongoing record of scholarship and grant writing ability
- Doctorate in Sport Psychology/Social Psychology of Sport. ABDs will not be considered.
- Minimum of 2 or 7 years teaching experience with demonstrated evidence of excellence in teaching for the rank of assistant or associate professor, accordingly.
- Academic and professional record including promotions, advancement, publications, and presentations.
- Familiarity with program accreditation preferable
- Multilingual fluency is desirable but ability to teach courses in Arabic is mandatory.
- Eligibility to become a Certified Mental Performance Consultant (CMPC) by the Association of Sport Psychology is preferred.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Personal statement explaining the applicant’s role in leadership, education, research and experience, expressing the reasons for applying for this position.
- At least one recommendation and two references, including contact details and addresses of e-mail providers stated number of these recommendation/references.
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisement 30-Mar-2019