Research Program Assistant
Starting Salary Range: $14.00 - $19.25 (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8-430
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10003082-SOM Ped Infectious Disease
Personnel area: School of Medicine
Under general supervision job supports research programs and/or clinical trials with study data collection and organization through the process of recruiting and coordinating activities for one or more studies. The range of duties includes, but is not limited to: patient recruitment/ interviews, data collection, data entry, organizing collected information; records management, management of study specimens, and communicating with team members on the status of project(s).
- General knowledge of the research and applies basic analytical skills to administer assigned projects, and to identify situations requiring special attention.
- Using general knowledge will assist in developing recruitment tools for assigned studies, which may include protocol/study specific data collection forms, placing approved advertisements, and contacting physicians for possible referrals.
- Develop basic tracking database/spreadsheet based on study requirements utilizing Excel, Access, or similar software applications.
- Collect data from patient medical records and questionnaires, prepare and code data entry, enter and maintain databases.
- Monitors data quality and accuracy as required by research protocol.
- May run pre-established routine queries.
- Prepare routine reports relating to study accrual, study trends, efficiency-related issues.
- May serve as primary contact for study participants at multiple locations.
- Ensure that case files and accompanying paperwork are organized and current.
- Follows all funding, federal, and hospital regulations regarding human subjects’ research and data safety.
- Clerical duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED. Two years related administrative experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Medicine - East Baltimore Campus