Application closing date 17/03/2019
Location Preston Campus
Salary Grade: H (£36,261 - £42,036)
Job category/type Professional Services
Corporate Operations (Co-Ops) supports the University, its Faculties, Schools and Professional Services to identify priorities and assist with the delivery of improvements and change. The team provide a range of services such as project management, internal consultancy and facilitation, process review and change management. The Corporate Operations team are looking for a dynamic and adaptive Project Manager with excellent problem-solving skills, who can support colleagues across the university to continually improve all aspects of the University's business and provision.
Specifically, the post holders will:
- Work alongside senior stakeholders in driving initiatives through to successful completion, making key decisions on project direction and outputs, whilst monitoring and reporting progress within an appropriate project framework.
- Plan and manage complex strategic initiatives, with a focus on ensuring benefits are identified and measured to provide assurance of value added and success.
- Take operational responsibility for delivering strategic priorities to the specified requirements of time, cost and quality.
- Provide internal consultancy and facilitate workshops and events to support continuous improvement in line with the university strategy.
- Support the ongoing development and improvement of the Corporate Operations service in-line with its delivery plan and the needs of the university.
Applicants will be educated to degree level or equivalent or significant relevant professional experience. Applicants should also have experience of successfully managing work streams or projects in close collaboration with stakeholders such as academics, administrators and professional or technical staff. Experience of managing projects with differing technical content (e.g business process improvements, IT projects, or cultural change) is essential.
Utilising excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the successful applicant will have an ability to convey complex information to different audiences as well as build productive relationships with colleagues of varying degrees of seniority.
A high level of motivation, independence and commitment to deliver are core requirements for success in this position. You will also need to be adaptable, resourceful and a natural problem solver with a gift for operating effectively in a changing environment and a passion for making UCLan an even better place to study, work and do business.
For an informal discussion about what the roles may involve contact Lucy Nelson, Portfolio Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. These positions are based in Preston.
Please apply online; if you cannot apply online please contact Human Resources on 01772 892324 and quote the reference number. CVs will not be considered unless accompanies by a completed application form.
School/Service: Corporate Operations Service
Hours: Full Time (36.25 hours per week - 1.0 FTE)
Interview Date: To be confirmed