Lecturer in Atmospheric Science / Meteorology
Lecturer in Atmospheric Science / Meteorology
The NUIST-Reading Academy is seeking to appoint two full-time lecturers in Atmospheric Science/Meteorology.
The NUIST-Reading Academy is located in Jiangsu Province of China, and is a joint venture between the University of Reading (UoR), UK, and Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST), China. The Academy aims to provide high quality education to students in China with the possibility of completing degree courses in the UK. It offers six undergraduate programmes: Applied Chemistry, International Economics and Trade, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Environmental Engineering, Atmospheric Science and Law.
There are a variety of central support facilities from the Academy to assist research and training initiatives including training opportunities provided by the UoR Centre for Quality, Support and Development. We also offer a supportive environment where you’ll meet a community of academics from both University of Reading and NUIST who are dedicated to delivering high quality teaching and research.
The post is based in Nanjing, capital city of Jiangsu province, with easy access to public transportation, international airports, convenience stores, hospitals etc.
- Two full-time lecturer posts in Atmospheric Science or Meteorology at NUIST-Reading Academy.
- Annual salary (RMB, before tax): 250,000+, depending on relevant individual skills and experience.
- International travel allowance: 10,000 RMB per year.
- Accommodation provided.
- Medical insurance.
- Starting date: August 2019.
The NUIST-Reading Academy delivers all courses in English. The dual-degree curricula is designed and developed by the University of Reading. Instruction and assessment takes place at the Academy. The appointee will support students on the dual-degree programme and work as part of a close-knit team.
The appointee will have the following main responsibilities:
- Contribute to and enhance teaching on the BSc Atmospheric Science (Meteorology) with specific responsibility to cover core-teaching requirements and contribute to other teaching as agreed with the NUIST-Reading Academy administration;
- Assessment, grading and feedback of written work and oral presentations;
- Hold weekly office hours;
- Communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Maintain friendly and effective working relationships;
- Participate in appropriate professional meetings and workshops;
- Organizing extra-curriculum learning activities for students;
- Motivating students to engage in learning, and help them to improve the quality of their work.
- Advanced level of proficiency and communicative competence in English;
- PhD in Atmospheric Science or Meteorology;
- Experience of teaching Atmospheric Science or Meteorology and/or related disciplines at undergraduate level;
- Experience of the administration of courses and modules in British / Western universities;
- Excellent organisation, communication and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- An excellent team player;
- A willingness to work flexibly as required.
- Experience of teaching undergraduate students various levels of Atmospheric Science or Meteorology in a Chinese university environment;
- Documented excellence in classroom teaching;
- Documented excellence as an academic and career advisor to college students;
- Experience addressing needs of students from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Experience with assessment of student learning and programme evaluation and coordination;
- Evidence of professional publications and/or presentations in Atmospheric Science or Meteorology research;
- Enthusiasm for one’s field and a commitment to staying current.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter detailing how they satisfy the outlined requirements, a current resume, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of at least three (3) professional references.
Closing date: 17 January 2020
IV. Contact information
- Please refer to https://www.timeshighereducation.com/unijobs/minisites/nanjing-university-of-information-science-and-technology/school-contact-information/ for detailed contact information of the Schools.
- Please refer tohttps://www.timeshighereducation.com/unijobs/minisites/nanjing-university-of-information-science-and-technology/nuist-human-resources-department-/ for detailed contact information of the Human Resources Department.
For more information on qualifications, compensation and benefits for each programme please visit
Apply for Lecturer in Atmospheric Science / Meteorology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly