Core Facility Staff Scientist
Deadline 31 May 2019
Start date May, 2019 or based on agreenment
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC MU) opens a position Core facility staff scientist.
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
The Biomolecular Interactions and Crystallization (BIC, http://bic.ceitec.eu) core facility provides services leading to biophysical and structure characterization of biomolecules and to study (bio)molecular interactions. It is equipped with the instrumentation to set up crystallization conditions of biomolecules and their complexes, basic characterization of physical properties of the molecules (analytical ultracentrifugation, dynamic light scattering, CD spectroscopy, differential scanning calorimetry, differential scanning fluorimetry), and to study thermodynamics and/or kinetics of interactions (isothermal titration calorimetry, surface plasmon resonance, microscale thermophoresis, CD spectroscopy, analytical ultracentrifugation).
Staff scientist perticipating on running, data evaluation and providing consultation/expert services in selected biophysical techniques within CF with a main focus on Analytical ultracentrifugation techniques.
- Master degree (minimum) or PhD degree (preferred) in biophysics, biochemistry, structural biology or related field
- Strong background in biophysical techniques and/or biomolecular interactions
- Previous practical experience with analytical ultracentrifugation is a significant plus, however not necessary
- Responsibility, reliability, ability to work independently and to learn new things
- Good communication skills, fluency in English language
- interesting, independent and responsible work
- background of significant and successful institution (www.ceitec.eu)
- young team to work with and pleasant laboratory environment
- possibility of domestic and foreign secondments
- competitive salary and working conditions
Anticipated start date: May, 2019 or based on agreenment
Please send the CV and a short description of previous research to Michaela Wimmerova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the “position” in the subject.
The applications will be evaluated immediately. The position will be opened till the suitable candidate is found.
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about:
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit http://www.ceitec.eu/ceitec-welcome-office/t1137
- Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617