Senior Lecturer/Lecturer I/Lecturer II, School of Communication
SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
Applications are now invited for the following programmes:
- Master of Science in AI and Digital Media
- Master of Arts in Communication
- Master of Arts in International Journalism Studies
- Master of Social Sciences in Media Management
The appointee is expected to:
- teach at least three subjects per semester in either one of the two broad areas:
- AI and Digital Media; and
- fulfill various administrative duties within the programme in regard to curriculum design, programme development and promotion, and student affairs; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Programme Director.
Requirements for applicants of the AI and Digital Media programme:
- PhD degree in computer science, data science, information system, human-computer interaction, web technologies, or a relevant field
- able to teach postgraduate level courses related to artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data analytics, database management, Python programming, and software engineering
Requirements for applicants of Communication, Journalism and Media Management programmes:
- Master’s degree or above in related field with substantial professional experience
All courses will be taught in English. Applicants shall have relevant teaching experience. Evidence of good organisational skills, inter-personal skills and communication skills are also required. Correlation between the applicant’s qualifications and the job requirements should be specified in a cover letter with supporting documents.
Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract of one to two years commencing September 2019. Re-appointment thereafter is subject to performance review, availability of funding and mutual agreement.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Applicants are requested to send in their latest teaching evaluation results. Applicants not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including publication samples, scholarly/creative works will be disposed of after completion of the recruitment exercise unless upon request. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 23 March 2019