Assistant/Associate/Full Professor (Molecular and Genomics)
The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty position to lead the efforts to establish and run a genomics molecular diagnostic laboratory based at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments.
Main duties include:
- Review and sign out technical assay patient results with the highest possible accuracy and quality.
- Collaborate with the other Laboratory Directors and Laboratory Staff to ensure timely and accurate result reporting. Ensure along with the Laboratory Management Team, that the quality activities of the laboratory are maintained.
- Ensure application of a comprehensive quality management program Monitor and evaluate key indicators of the quality of the analytical testing process.
- Ensure compliance with CAP standards. Monitor assay health and trouble-shoot assays that require quality improvement.
- Provide clinical and technical expertise in support of new initiatives relevant to clinical and molecular testing.