PhD Scholarship, Swinburne’s ARC Training Centre in Surface Engineering for Advanced Materials
- Multiple opportunities across the lifetime of the Centre
- Surface Engineering for Advanced Materials - SEAM
- $32,304 p.a. for 3.5 years
About the scholarship
Up to 20 Scholarships are available for PhD research in the area of Surface Engineering for Advanced Materials.
We specifically encourage PhD research proposals on surface engineering across application areas including:
- Graphene layering
- Machining, cutting and grinding
- Thick coatings, such as thermal spray deposition, for heavy industries; e.g., mining, remanufacturing
- High temperature coatings
- Laser metal deposition for materials repair
- Additive manufacturing for aerospace
- Industry 4.0 manufacturing processes
In addition, we are open to the specific research focus provided the research outcomes deliver significant real impact to our industry partners and to the research community in line with the University and the Centre’s objectives.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A completed first-class honours undergraduate degree or Master’s degree with a thesis component and 80% or higher overall mark in materials science, chemistry, physical chemistry, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering or related disciplines.
- Expertise in a relevant STEM discipline
- Expertise in using advanced instrumentation and lab equipment
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Further information, contacts and support
Please include a copy of your CV, academic degrees, academic transcripts, English test results (IELTS or TOEFL) and copies of journal publications.
To: Business Operations Manager, SEAM Vesna Stefanovski, ARC-SEAM, Swinburne University of Technology, VIC 3122,
Phone: +613 9214 3497.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.