Business Administration Apprentice
Grade 1 (£16,460)
This post is full time and fixed term for 2 years.
The Department and role purpose
We are a team of over 500, providing fresh and exciting catering throughout Durham University. This includes college dining halls, college bars, college cafés, visitor attractions and branded retail catering outlets.
Our students are extremely important to us but we also provide catering to University colleagues, commercial guests, and VIPs including royalty.
The post holder will join the University Catering department to provide administrative support to Product and Brand manager, Deputy Heads of Catering and Head of Catering.
Catering team members will be expected to adopt and promote a flexible approach to working, and to undertake any or all of the tasks outlined below regardless of their designated shift.
Successful candidates are expected to promote a positive image of University Catering and Durham University at all times.
- Record and store straightforward information for large percentages of time in a prescribed order, using tracking spreadsheets and databases, etc.
- Carry out basic administrative tasks under supervision.
- Assist other team members with the application of basic audit and stock control tasks.
- Learn how to, and use manual and electronic everyday tools, equipment and applications to deliver services.
- Be trained in all areas within University Catering to provide appropriate administrative support, as required.
- Any other reasonable duties.
Specific role responsibilities
To be eligible to apply for an apprenticeship position, you must not have obtained a higher education qualification at Level 4 or above as defined on the NQF or QCF, including being awarded a first degree by a recognised university or other recognised higher education institution, with the exception of anyone who has participated in New Deal.
How to Apply
We prefer to receive applications online.
What you are required to submit
- A CV
- The person specification and RYPA grids (available within the Job Description on the below attachment) which you should copy into a separate document for completing and submission.
- A covering letter which details your experience, strengths and potential in the requirements set out above.
Closes midday on : 22-Mar-2019