Research Associate, School of Sociology, Politics and International Studies
Division/School School of Sociology, Politics and International Studies
Contract type Open Ended
Working pattern Part time
Salary £33,199 - £37,345 pro rata pro annum
Closing date for applications 07-Apr-2019
A Research Associate position is available in the School of Sociology, Politics and International Studies, University of Bristol. The successful applicant will work on the Transnational Organised Crime at Sea (TOCAS) project funded by the UK Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).
The TOCAS project:
- collates research and data sources on maritime crime to develop a comprehensive evidence base for policy making and law enforcement at sea;
- examines national and regional responses to maritime crime in the Indo-Pacific region, and;
- develops essential guidelines on how best to tackle maritime crime.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- developing and maintaining the TOCAS evidence base;
- organising project events including overseas workshops;
- arranging and conducting qualitative interviews in-region, and;
- preparing research data and contributing to its analysis.
The successful candidate will have a PhD in a relevant field and established expertise and proven portfolio of research in one or more of the following areas:
- Security studies and /or international relations theory;
- study of transnational organised crime and
- law of the Sea and its implementation.
This role is part time (FTE 0.8) and will be offered on an open ended contract with fixed funding until 30 June 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Tim Edmunds at Tim.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 7 April 2019.
We appreciate and value difference, seeking to attract, develop and retain a diverse mix of talented people that will contribute to the overall success of Bristol and help maintain our position as one of the world’s leading universities.